HydroStart Beneficial Pond Bacteria
- Always in Stock and Ships within 24 hours of order
- 3.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Beneficial Pond Bacteria: Your First Step For Pond Maintenance
HydroStart beneficial pond bacteria should be the cornerstone of any pond maintenance program!
This environmentally safe, eco-friendly solution is safe for all wildlife, fish, pets and people
- Concentrated beneficial bacteria cultures reduce nutrient levels and muck build up
- Removes ammonia spikes that are harmful to fish
- Stabilizes ph swings
- Reduces and eliminates pond odors and smells
- Creates a healthy pond ecosystem for aquatic life to thrive
- Reduces string algae and promotes pristine clear pond water
- Available in dry or liquid formulas
HydroStart Pond Bacteria is a safe, natural blend of 5 non-pathenogenic beneficial pond bacteria strands designed to maintain pond water quality.
Bacteria reduces excessive nutrient loads, muck, odor, and most importantly toxic ammonia levels that are harmful to koi and other fish.
Hydrostart beneficial pond bacteria reduces algae in your pond by consuming the nutrients that algae feeds on. With over 5 billion CFU (Colony Forming Units) of bacteria spores per gram, it has the ability to double in size every 15 minutes to establish your beneficial bacteria colonies. Your pond water, rocks and gravel will soon be sparkling again. It will also restore and then preserve most pond water quality issues.
Use HydroStart beneficial bacteria daily for 2 weeks when starting a new pond, re-seeding a pond or biological filter after a cleanout, and use once a week for regular pond care maintenance.
- pH of 5.7-9.5
- water temperature above 49F
- proper circulation via waterfalls, pumps, or fountains
- Turn off UV Sterilizers during treatment
- One teaspoon of dry product treats 1,000 gallons per application
- One ounce of liquid treats 1,000 gallons per application
Apply product in the follwing locations to ensure proper dispersion through the ecosystem:
- Around the perimeter of the pond
- Near the pump
- In front of the skimmer
In new ponds or springtime ecosystem reboots, apply 1 teaspoon per 1000 gallons of pond water DAILY for TWO WEEKS to establish the ecosystem then 1 teasspoon per 1000 gallons once per week after that to ensure sufficent bacteria population.
Treatment dosage may be increased to up to 4 teaspoons per 1000 gallons of pond water if extremely poor water quality persists or if the pond does not have a proper filtration system.
Have more questions? We have answers! Call us toll free at 1-877-364-8238 or email us.
I had a problem with ammonia in my pond, so after trying some stuff that didn't work I called and talked to the lady at The Pond Hub. She told me about this product, adding good bacteria so anyway I ordered it (easy to do) and started using it, and my pond is great now. I have been using it for several months and decided to share my story because it is hard to find good stuff and good people these days. My fish are happy and my pond looks better than it ever has.